Oral care matters, especially if you do not want to lose a tooth due to tooth decay or other dental ailments. So you take care of your family's teeth by going to the dentist and denying them treats. But, thankfully, you can stop denying them treats with the following dental-friendly brownie recipe.
Dental Friendly Ingredients
The following are the tooth-friendly ingredients in the brownie recipe. You should also try to include the ingredients below in your family's dishes whenever possible:
1. Sea Salt and Natural Baking Soda
These two ingredients both have a high pH value that should help keep your entire family's mouth alkaline. Most cavity-causing bacteria require an acidic (low pH value) environment to survive and quickly reproduce. In fact, an acidic environment strengthens bacterial attacks on your teeth, which can lead to dental ailments, like tooth erosion and cavities. Adding these ingredients should make your family's mouth unfriendly to oral microbes.
2. Raw Honey
Adding raw honey to this recipe and other recipes should help keep your family's teeth safe, too. The reason is that raw honey contains enzymes that inhibit bacterial reproduction. The second reason that honey is helpful is because it is highly osmotic. Studies show that honey's osmotic nature helps kill bacteria by dehydration.
You can purchase raw honey online, at your local bee farm, health food store, or a farmer's market.
Cinnamon is another helpful ingredient. Cinnamon contains cinnamic aldehyde, which is the active ingredient responsible for cinnamon's distinct odor. Cinnamic aldehyde is a highly skilled bacteria-killer because it can penetrate bacterial outer membranes. These wounds are fatal to the bacteria trying to wreck havoc in your mouth.
Remember that these ingredients are meant to help keep your family's teeth healthy and not cure any dental ailments. So, keep up with your dental appointments just to be safe.
Recipe For A Dental-Friendly Brownie
You'll need the following:
- 2 plantains that are ripe, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 large, free-range eggs
- ¼ a cup of melted butter
- ¼ a cup of raw honey
- ¼ a cup of raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ a teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ a teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of dark chocolate nibs (unsweetened)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss all the ingredients in a food processor, leaving out the dark chocolate nibs.
- Blend the ingredients well, until smooth.
- Add your dark chocolate nibs, and
pulsethem just enough to mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter in a 9 x 12 baking pan, and smooth it out.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until you stick a knife in and it comes out clean. Serve warm, and enjoy with your whole family.
As you can see, these ingredients can give your family the opportunity to enjoy the occasional treat again. To find out more, contact a business like Wayne Pediatric Dental Care.Share